- Wanting to learn new skills to facilitate meetings and work in groups?
- Involved in Traditional Owner business?
- Ready to step up and get more involved?
This 3-day workshop is tailored for Victorian Traditional Owners and provides essential skills for facilitating board meetings, community meetings, negotiation teams, stakeholder workshops, staff meetings, family meetings and everyday conversations. These facilitation skills can assist groups to talk through issues, make decisions and work well together.
What does the workshop cover?
- Understanding what happens to us in groups.
- Essential principles of facilitation.
- Micro skills for facilitation - self-awareness, listening, validating, normalising, summarising, noticing and naming, wondering, sitting with ‘hot’ situations.
- Preparing for meetings.
- Gathering the wisdom of the group.
- Dealing with conflict and other ‘hot’ situations.
The training will:
- Build on the knowledge and skills of Traditional Owner participants.
- Provide opportunities for Traditional Owners to network and learn from each other.
- Be interactive and provide lots of opportunities to practice skills and debrief.
- Invite stories from Traditional Owners that will help work on challenges.
- Have a bit of fun along the way.
- Tuesday 26 November 2019
- Wednesday 27 November 2019
- Thursday 28 November 2019
Aboriginal Victoria will cover all workshop costs including accommodation, meals and training for participants. Travel is reimbursed for public transport or petrol costs upon presentation of receipts.
How to apply
Nominations are open to Victorian Traditional Owners.
Eighteen places are available in the workshop.
Please submit your nomination ASAP to secure a place in the workshop. If more nominations are received than places, priority will be given to Traditional Owners of the Mid North West and Central North West Regions.
To gain the best results out of the workshop, participants need to commit to attend all three days of the workshop. We encourage:
- Two or more Traditional Owners from a family or group.
- Traditional Owners from a number of Traditional Owner groups.
- Both male and female participants.
- Younger participants who are seeking to step up and get more involved.
Nominations close: Monday 11 November 2019
Please send your completed nomination form to:
Jesse Williams, Engagement Officer, Aboriginal Victoria
For more information about the training please contact Jesse Williams:
Reviewed 30 October 2019